Thursday, February 9, 2012

ANIMUS

I am trying to transition away from my rink-y-dink, neglected and outdated website, to simply using my blog for all of my art.  So, here is the Animus collection, shown at Neon's and MPMF, in its entirety (which none of you have seen because I sold some before the shows went up). 










If you would like to know more about the series and why I chose to paint bulls etc etc, just leave a comment, I don't feel like blabbing about it all over the internet without being prompted, but I'm happy to answer if you're curious.

2 comments:

  1. i want to know more about the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Animus", is a collection of paintings inspired by the bull, its symbolic importance to art history, and the power and aggression it shares with the spirit of youth and the strength it takes to grow up. In this series I explored how the image of the bull translates into my experience of becoming independent and the struggles of making those difficult choices that cause pain, crisis, loss, and rebirth. I see the bull as a symbol of the courage to fight tirelessly to survive even when, it seems, the world is against you.

      This body of work was the first major collection I created after graduating from college in 2008. The timeline of these paintings range from 2009-2011

      Delete