Sunday, October 9, 2011

Relics

Yet another photo project I am working on...  I am so fascinated with what people have left behind: How empty space builds tension and wonder about what existed before and why they aren't there anymore.  Like the abandoned homes I shared with you in my last post, here is a selection of photos depicting walls where pictures etc. used to hang.  I wonder what might have been on the wall, the descriptions on the back of the picture, or signs of their accomplishments.  I photograph these things because I believe it is a testament that, no matter what we do, we leave behind a footprint of our existence.



"Jo Ann, Myself, and Sue Ann opening Christmas presents."

...

"Our 4 boys on Easter '98.  Ryan 14, Adam 13, Mark 10, Eric 18 mos.  What a size difference!"

No comments:

Post a Comment